is what the weatherman calls the freezing dampness outside my window. spring fights with winter, or so it seems to me, winning on the warm, sunny mornings and blue sky'd afternoons. today winter still holds its grip by hiding the coming season from my senses. evidence of spring's presence surrounds...grass greening through the brown and snow melting after the shortest of visits. however, the gray chill captures my mind, and enforces the belief that the white witch still clutches us tightly in her grip. contrary to what may be visible...my heart knows that the kingdom of heaven has arrived and is making its way in us like yeast through the dough; it knows this as fiercely as it knows of july's inescapable heat amidst a bitter january blizzard. too many days this reality stays hidden when my heart forgets and instead believes in the story mere sight can tell of the permanence of the icy fog.
"He told them still another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough." Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world." - matthew 13:33-34
2 comments:
Great thoughts! Congratulations on the award. I came from Suz.
Ah, sigh I can relate my friend.
Post a Comment